Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Revision Chart

I love charts. It's no secret. My kids know I love charts. They get excited when we are about to make one, well, at least that is what I believe. I believe that they are as psyched as I am when we talk about "important stuff." This week we have continued to talk about revision...which...in kindergarten may look at times a little more like editing. But, I try to stay true to revision and improving the content and ideas of their story.

Here is our chart!

6 comments:

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

I love charts, too....I like the way you've make visual clues for your kiddos.

Ruth Ayres said...

I'm a chart fanatic too. Thanks for sharing this one.
Ruth

Pat Holloway said...

I think your kindergarteners will like like this chart. The directional arrows add so much.

elsie said...

I hope you don't mind if I pin this to my writing chart board. This is a perfect example for my kindergarten teachers to see.

Mandy said...

I love charts! I love it even more when students need help & look to a space that no longer even contains the chart, but in their mind's eye it's still there!

Amanda Villagómez said...

I enjoyed seeing your chart. It is interesting to think about revising vs. editing in kinder, that literacy foundation and how it will all continue to emerge over time.